Do you run to clear your mind from work? Are you consciously doing it or are you pushing yourself with unnecessary pressure? Today I am talking with Carmen Low about how to incorporate mindful running into your life to help you clear your mind but also bring in a level of awareness into your life.
Carmen is about all things Mindful – in Coaching, Running and Living. She is a running and a life coach. She is teaching women how to be more present in their daily lives and is using running as a platform to slow down.
I have known Carmen for years, she was my kinesiologist when I was living in the city and she was my very first client who wanted marketing and branding her business it was a fun project for me fast forward 10 years later I do this for a living and she is still inspiring people to hone in on their awareness and passion.
Here is what to expect in today’s episode. A discussion on all things mindfulness, awareness and consciousness and how that is in both life, business and running!
– It’s ok to slow down
– Your routine can be flexible
– Having awareness is key to incorporating mindful running into your life
- How Carmen first started Mindful Running and her journey that lead her there (2.00)
- Allowing yourself to run mindfully energies you (7.57)
- How Carmen’s mindful running practice has changed her (8.48)
- Why slowing down is beneficial for our lives (14.16)
- How easy it is to fall into burnout (16.27)
- Why you should be preparing for those moments where you need to exert energy in life and biz (17.25)
- Stop pushing and find the joy of what you do (18.59)
- Bring in consciousness to suit ourselves and our life (20.00)
- How to start running more mindfully (20.50)
- Why setting an intention before your run changes everything (24.00)
- Stay present and know that each time you go for a run or tackle a project that it will be different each time (24.55)
- Adapt and find something that suits you to move your body (26.16)
Links mentioned in this episode
You can find out more about Carmen here – http://carmenlow.com/