So you have heard all your favourite people talk about mediation and the immense benefits from it. But you want to know more? Well, on today’s episode I talk with Lisa Forde about meditation, what it is and how to start practising it.
Lisa has worked as Holistic Living Counsellor for adults and children, a meditation teacher and group facilitator for 16 years. She has been running the Australian Centre for Holistic Studies for 13 years and has authored the Certificate in Guiding and Teaching Meditation and other courses taught at the school.
She has completed Bachelors Degree in Psychology, a Diploma in Holistic Living Counselling, an Advanced Certificate in Holistic Children’s Counselling, Reiki, Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment and extensive meditation work in groups and on her own through teaching and research. She is a member of the board of Meditation Australia. Alongside teaching the Certificate in Guiding and Teaching Meditation, she taught the Certificate in Holistic Communications and Diploma in Holistic Living Counselling, being mentored by Alannah Dore for 5 years.
- The science behind meditation
- You don’t need to just sit still for meditation
- Moving from a place of being more equipped for life
- Tips for those just starting
- Lisa’s journey into meditation & how she started to explore the practice (2.52)
- Lisa now runs a meditation school (5.13)
- I share my first meditation experience (7.19)
- What Lisa believes meditation is and the benefits of the practice (8.37)
- Lisa explains how neuroscience plays a leading role in mediation (12.03)
- Exploring moving meditation (19.59)
- How to sit with discomfort (22.22)
- Lisa’s biggest learning experience from using mediation (23.09)
- A guided grounding meditation (26.06)
- Tips for people who are just starting (34.55)
Links mentioned in this episode
Find out more about Lisa and her school Australian Centre for Meditation and Mindfulness
Find a meditation teacher – Meditation Australia